What are Azathioprine Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Azathioprine is a prescription immunosuppressant medication.
- Azathioprine works by lowering the body’s immune system responses.
Why do cats and dogs use Azathioprine?
- Azathrioprine is commonly used in the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as immune-mediated hemolytic anemia.
- Azathioprine may also be prescribed for certain kinds of cancer.
What else should I know about Azathioprine?
- It may take up to 6 weeks to determine if the Azathioprine is working.
- Do not stop giving Azathioprine without consullting with your veterinarian.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Azathioprine?
- Fever, reduced activity, bruising, bleeding, vomiting, lack of appetite, and jaundice are possible serious side effects of Azathioprine. Contact your veterinarian if you notice any of these symptoms.
How do you use Azathioprine?
- Wear gloves when handling Azathioprine.
- Pregnant women should not handle Azathioprine.
- Azathioprine may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations.
What is in Azathioprine?
- Azathioprine is a prescription drug that suppresses the immune system.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Azathioprine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Azathioprine?
- Dogs and cats may use Azathioprine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
My doggies are thriving!From Yucaipa, CaliforniaComments about Azathioprine
I am beyond amazed!From UndisclosedComments about Azathioprine
I would buy this product again!From UndisclosedComments about Azathioprine
Fast Delivery and AffordableFrom undisclosedComments about Azathioprine
good price for a life saving drugFrom undisclosedComments about Azathioprine
I will order from them againFrom undisclosedComments about Azathioprine
yes I would buy it again its very difficult to getFrom spring hill flComments about Azathioprine
Q & A
Is there a maximum amount I can order at one time? The prescription I had from the doctor was 30 days worth (my dog gets 1 and 1/2 tabs a day so it would require 45 for 30 days). I'm sure my vet would write it up for more if needed, I just wasn't sure ?
Yes, you can get up to a year's worth of medication. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer