Welcome to VetRxDirect—the trusted online source for pet medications and supplies. We work with your vet to deliver the best quality pet medications and supplies right to your door.
Using our site is easy: browse our selection of brand name products, add what you need to your shopping cart, and check out. We'll process your order and have it delivered it to your door.
If you select a prescription medication, we'll ask for your veterinarian's contact information so that we can confirm the prescription with your vet. The prescription verification process may add one or two business days to the shipping time, which ensures your pet's safety and keeps your veterinarian involved in your pet's health.
More questions? See the FAQs below, send us an e-mail at info@VetRxDirect.com, or call 1-866-761-6578.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use the shopping cart?
- How do I place a reorder?
- Why is a veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship (VCPR) important?
- Do prescription items require authorization from my veterinarian?
- When will I receive my order?
- What are the available options and costs for shipping?
- What is your Holiday shipping schedule?
- What volume discounts are available at VetRxDirect?
- How often can I apply a coupon?
- How do I get $10 off my first order at VetRxDirect?
- When will I be charged?
- How do I make a return?
- How do I cancel an order?
- How do you secure my personal information?
- How can I reach VetRxDirect?
- How can I tell if medications have expired?
- How do I properly dispose of leftover or expired medication?
- What are Veterinary-Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites™ accredited online pharmacy services?
- What are the guidelines for leaving product ratings and reviews?
- How do I know my pet will receive brand name medications?
Auto Delivery Program Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Auto Delivery program?
- How do I join the Auto Delivery program?
- What will happen after I join the Auto Delivery program?
- How do I make changes to my Auto Delivery order?
- How do I make changes to my Auto Delivery account information?
- What is the difference between the "My Next Order' and "My Subscriptions" tabs?
- How do I view my future deliveries?
- How do I combine items to be in the same order?
- Can I add items to my next order with an existing subscription?
- What types of payment are accepted for Auto Delivery orders?
How do I use the shopping cart?
Shopping VetRxDirect is easy. Here's how:
- Just like at any store, you have a shopping cart, a virtual place to hold the items you want to purchase.
- When you find a product you want to purchase, just click on it and it will be added to your cart.
- To keep shopping, click on “keep shopping.” If you're finished, click on “check out now.”
- Access your cart anytime by clicking “cart” in the upper right corner of your screen.
- You can change the contents of your cart by removing items from the cart or changing the quantity of items in the cart.
- When you checkout, you'll be taken to a login page where you can sign-in if you're a returning customer, or register as a guest if you're new to VetRxDirect.
- After you've completed the order, shipping, and payment information, you'll have a chance to review your order before submitting it.
- Once you submit your order we'll authorize the transaction, obtain any necessary prescriptions, finalize the transaction, and ship your product.
Questions? Just send us an e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-866-761-6578.
How do I place a reorder?
To place a reorder, simply follow the first few steps of the shopping cart instructions above, including adding the reorder products to your cart. When you checkout, you will be asked to log in using your previously used e-mail address and customer account password. After you log in, your address, pet, and veterinarian information will appear as the same as your previous order. Make any changes and enter your payment information. Then, continue as before to finalize the order.
Why is a Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship (VCPR) important?
Your veterinarian is always your first – and best – resource regarding the health and well-being of your pet. Scheduling regular checkups with your veterinarian ensures your pet is getting the right preventative treatments and helps your veterinarian catch any health issues before they become problems. If your pet is sick, injured, or needs medical attention, your veterinarian has the experience to make a professional diagnosis, recommend treatment, and prescribe the right medication.
VetRxDirect will only fill prescriptions with a valid VCPR. Your veterinarian is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of your pet which includes prescriptions. Your veterinarian must document prescriptions and is responsible for your pet while on these prescriptions.
Do prescription items require authorization from my veterinarian?
Yes. By law – and for your pet’s safety – accredited, licensed pet pharmacies like VetRxDirect can only dispense prescription medication that is prescribed by a U.S. licensed veterinarian. That’s why we must have a prescription from your veterinarian before we can mail certain medications. Also, State and Federal laws require pet prescriptions to be faxed to our pharmacy directly from a U.S.-licensed veterinarian. We strictly adhere to these laws to protect the health and safety of the pets we serve.
All prescription items are marked with Rx near the product picture or name.
If your order includes prescription items, VetRxDirect must obtain a valid prescription using one of the following methods:
- If VetRxDirect has a valid prescription with refills on file for the drug ordered, no additional action is needed. Your order will be shipped using the method you select at checkout.
- If you have a written prescription from your veterinarian, please place your online order and send the original prescription along with your order number to:
1150 5th St, Ste 146
Coralville, IA 52241
- Otherwise, VetRxDirect will fax a prescription request form to your veterinarian for security, accuracy, and your convenience.
When will I receive my order?
Your items will be sent via the shipping option you requested during checkout.
The veterinarian authorization process may add 1-2 business days to order processing time on invoices that include prescription items.
To check your order status, click on the “order status” link at the top of our website and sign in to your account.
To track your order, click the link provided in your ship notification e-mail.
If your package has not arrived by the expected delivery date, please:
- Check the tracking information to see if the package has been delivered.
- Check all entrances to your home for the package.
- Check with your neighbors, as packages are sometimes left on their property.
- If there is no tracking information, or you cannot locate the package, please e-mail our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-761-6578.
What are the available options and costs for shipping?
We're proud to offer fast, FREE shipping on almost all orders over $49. Because aerosols, oversized and refrigerated items require special handling and shipping, they do not qualify for our free shipping offer.
The following services, time-in-transit**, and costs are available for shipping your order:
- Standard 5-8 Business Days UPS/FedEx/USPS: *FREE for orders over $49.00.
- Standard 5-8 Business Days UPS/FedEx/USPS: $4.99 for orders under $49.00.
- Upgraded 3-5 Business Days UPS/FedEx/USPS: $5.99 for orders over $49.00.
- Upgraded 3-5 Business Days UPS/FedEx/USPS: $6.99 for orders under $49.00.
- 2nd Business Day UPS/FedEx: (2 Weekdays, Excludes Saturdays and Holidays; Street Addresses Only) $14.99 + $1.99 per pound for shipments over 2 pounds. (Excludes Aerosol Products)
- Next Business Day UPS/FedEx: (1 Weekday, Excludes Saturdays and Holidays; Street Addresses Only) $19.99 + $2.99 per pound for shipments over 2 pounds. (Excludes Aerosol Products)
- Next Day with Saturday Delivery UPS/FedEx: (Qualifying Street Addresses Only) $49.99 + $8.00 per pound for shipments over 2 pounds. (Excludes Aerosol Products)
**Standard time-in-transit reflects our guarantee. Average time to delivery is much faster.
The following terms may apply to your shipment:
- Orders are delivered to both P.O. Boxes and street addresses. Please include your P.O. Box and street address during checkout whenever applicable.
- Next Day and 2nd Day transit times DO NOT include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
- Orders placed after 3PM CST are processed the following weekday.*
- Next Day Service ordered on Friday before 3PM CST and 2nd Day Service ordered on Thursday before 3PM CST will be delivered on Monday.*
- Next Day Service ordered on Friday after 3PM CST and 2nd Day Service ordered on Thursday after 3PM CST will be delivered on Tuesday.*
- Not all addresses qualify for Next Day with Saturday Delivery. Customers will be notified and billing will be adjusted if delivery is not possible on Saturday.
- *Shipping time-in-transit estimates are from the time of veterinarian authorization on orders that include prescription item(s).
- Refrigerated items do not qualify for free shipping and can only be shipped Next Day Service, Monday through Thursdays which precede business weekdays.
- Certain oversized or heavy items do not qualify for free shipping. These items do not display "FREE Shipping Eligible" under the item image on their product page.
- Please add 1-2 business days to transit times for compounded items as these medications must be made to order.
- Please add 1-2 business days to transit times for packages weighing three pounds or more.
- VetRxDirect is unable to ship on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- VetRxDirect chooses between major carriers (UPS / USPS / FedEx) for standard and upgraded shipments. We try to choose the carrier that will get your product to you as quickly as possible at the most affordable rate. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee which service is used until after shipment.
- To help keep shipping costs down and to continue to offer a free shipping option, VetRxDirect is unable to split ship orders.
- Your ship notification e-mail will state which service was used for your order.
- VetRxDirect is unable to ship aerosols outside of the contiguous United States, to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- VetRxDirect does not ship outside of the United States.
- Our free shipping offer may not be valid on orders weighing more than 2 pounds. Customers may be notified of additional shipping charges by e-mail before orders over 2 pounds are shipped.
- VetRxDirect will not be liable for, nor shall any adjustment, refund, or credit of any kind be made as a result of any extreme temperature exposure after the point of delivery. During periods of excessive heat or cold, please consider changing your shipping address to have orders delivered to controlled environments where a person can take possession of the package and refrigerate if necessary.
- VetRxDirect will not be liable for, nor shall any adjustment, refund, or credit of any kind be made as a result of any delivery delays due to weather conditions (as determined by the third party carrier).
What is VetRxDirect's Holiday Shipping Schedule?
|Date||Day of the Week||Status|
|5/27/17||Saturday||Open with Regular Schedule|
|5/29/17||Monday||Closed/No Shipments/No Deliveries*|
|5/30/17||Tuesday||Return to Normal Schedule|
- *Temperature sensitive orders processed on Friday will not ship until Tuesday for Wednesday Delivery. Next-day orders shipped Friday will be delivered Tuesday. 2nd Day orders shipped on Friday will be delivered Wednesday. 2nd Day orders processed on Thursday will be delivered Tuesday.
What volume discounts are available at VetRxDirect?
Stock up and save! The more you buy, the more savings we pass on to you. Use the following table to calculate your savings! Coupon Code must be entered in the coupon field during checkout.
|Coupon Code||Order total||Dollar off|
|ORDER85||at least $85||$5|
|ORDER150||at least $150||$10|
|ORDER225||at least $225||$15|
|ORDER300||at least $300||$20|
|ORDER375||at least $375||$25|
- Consider ordering a full year supply of heartworm or flea medicines or other long-term use medication.
- The appropriate coupon code must be entered on the last page of the checkout.
- Free Shipping option still available with most products!
- Cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.
- All discounts are valid for online orders only. Cannot be used on telephone orders.
How often can I apply a coupon
Authorized VetRxDirect coupons are valid one-time and for online orders only. This excludes the above volume discounts which can be used on multiple qualifying orders, but like all coupons and discounts, only one code can be used per invoice.
How do I get $10 off my first order at VetRxDirect?
To obtain $10 off any qualifying order over $75 simply enter coupon code NEW2VRD during the checkout process. Customers must register with VetRxDirect during the checkout process to validate the coupon. One time use only, cannot be combined with any other offer. All discounts are valid for online orders only. Coupons cannot be used on telephone orders.
When will I be charged?
When you place an order with VetRxDirect, we place a pre-authorization charge on your credit card to verify the name, address, and card information to ensure your identity and reduce fraud.
Once your order is packed and ready for shipment, we will finalize the charge to your credit card.
Pre-authorization charges expire within about 30 days from the invoice date if the order has not been canceled or shipped.
If you have questions relating to your credit card charge or our billing process, please e-mail our service team at email@example.com or call 1-866-761-6578.
How do I make a return?
Please read our complete Return Policy for information and directions.
How do I cancel an order?
You can cancel any order at any time for any reason, as long as the package has not been shipped.
To cancel an order, have your e-mailed receipt ready and call or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your credit card pre-authorization will be voided at the time of order cancellation. Please allow up to 5 business days for the voided transaction to be finalized.
You will receive an email confirmation of order cancellation. If you do not receive a confirmation within one business day, please call us at 866-761-6578.
How do you secure my personal information?
Security is a top priority at VetRxDirect. When you provide sensitive information, we protect it using encryption software that ensures your transaction is safe and secure. Visit Privacy at VetRxDirect to learn more.
All of our employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy policies, and make sure they are enforced.
How can I reach VetRxDirect?
Questions? Concerns? Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 1-866-761-6578.
How can I tell if medications have expired?
- Check for an expiration date printed on the bottle or box by the manufacturer. This date is usually printed near the lot number of the product.
- Check for an expiration date printed on the pharmacy’s label.
- Use the general rule that most prescriptions expire one year from the date it’s filled.
Speak with your pharmacist or veterinarian if you have any questions about the safety of the medication. If the validity of any medication is in question for any reason, properly dispose of the product rather than risking the safety of your pet.
How do I properly dispose of leftover, damaged, unusable or expired medication?
Check with your local solid waste authority for advice. Your local solid waste authority may or may not have a hazardous waste disposal service for old medications.
Otherwise, speak to a pharmacy or veterinary clinic for the best way to dispose of medications in your area. Many pharmacies and veterinary clinics will accept expired or leftover medications and dispose of them properly for you. VetRxDirect will properly dispose of any medications purchased from our pharmacy. Please call or e-mail our pharmacy for proper shipping instructions.
More information on proper disposal of unused medicines can be found on the following FDA website:
More information on proper disposal of syringes and materials contaminated with bodily fluids can be found on the following FDA website:
A state by state safe needle disposal solution is found on the following website:
What are Veterinary-Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites™ accredited online pharmacy services?
VetRxDirect.com is pleased to announce it is the first online veterinary pharmacy to earn Veterinary-Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites™ (Vet-VIPPS™) accreditation through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®).
VetRxDirect.com successfully completed the rigorous Vet-VIPPS accreditation process by demonstrating the professional operations of the pharmacy, including the maintenance of policies and procedures that protect the veterinarian-client-patient relationship, ensure the appropriate handling of prescription medications, provide appropriate medication information, and ensure quality pharmacy practices are continuously offered to our clients. For more information about the Vet-VIPPS program, please visit the NABP Web site, www.nabp.net.
By displaying the Vet-VIPPS Seal, VetRxDirect.com proudly demonstrates to our clients the pharmacy’s strong commitment to high-quality pharmacy practices and excellence in pharmaceutical care for your pets.
Click the seal below to verify our Vet-VIPPS accreditation:
What are the guidelines for leaving product ratings and reviews?
VetRxDirect customers can help other pet parents make better purchasing decisions by rating products and leaving product reviews. The rating scores and review summaries, along with the expert recommendations from their pet's veterinarian, are one tool pet parents can use to help determine the value and quality of the products available at our pharmacy. Product ratings and reviews also help VetRxDirect make better decisions when updating our inventories and availability of products.
Please rate products for the following:
- Overall Rating: Rate your overall experience with the product from poor to excellent.
- Met Expectations: In the free-form box under 'Review', please let us know if the product met your expectations including specific information about what you liked and didn't like.
- Quality: Rate the quality of the product from poor to excellent.
- Value: Rate the value of the product from poor to excellent.
- Recommend our Pharmacy: Rate your likelihood of recommending VetRxDirect from Never to Definitely.
- Be honest and constructive
- Compare the product to similar products you've given
- Provide examples of how the product did or did not meet your expectations
- Don't use offensive language
- Don't submit a review if yourself did not give the product
- Don't submit more than one rating and one review per product
- Don't submit a rating if you represent the manufacturer of the product
- Don't submit links or self-serving comments with your product reviews
- Don't include recommendations on prescription drugs and devices.
- Don't make claims on prescription drugs and devices.
- The rating is illegal
- The rating contains obscenities
- The rating contains personal identifying information about any user
- The rating contains links
- The rating was intended for another product
- The rating was left by an employee of the product's manufacturer or distributor
- The rating was left by an employee of the product's competing manufacturer or distributor
- The rating contains a recommendation of any prescription drug or device.
How do I know my pet will receive brand name medications?
VetRxDirect sells and ships brand name pet prescription drugs, pet over-the-counter medications and pet devices as described by content and images on our product pages.
Human-labeled generic drugs for extra-label use in pets are sold and shipped generically unless brand is specifically requested by your pet's veterinarian. Product page content and images are for representation only in these cases. Manufacturer of generic drugs depends on availability at time of shipment. Replacements are made with the same generic drug, following all pharmacy laws.
Auto Delivery Program
What is the Auto Delivery program?
VetRxDirect's Auto Delivery program is the most convenient way for you to get the products you want to be delivered on a regular schedule. We automatically send your favorite products based upon your chosen frequency. The service is easy to use and customizable, so you can make changes online whenever you need. Just tell us how often you want your products, and we'll take it from there. You will receive a 5% discount on Auto Delivery orders!
You always have complete control over your Auto Delivery orders and we send an email reminder 10 days before each order ships. You can change your delivery frequency, next order date, or quantity anytime by visiting "My Subscriptions" section located within your account. Changes to orders can be made anytime within 24 hours of the next scheduled shipment date and you can cancel at any time.
How do I join the Auto Delivery program?
Joining the Auto Delivery program is easy; it can be done while browsing on a product page or while reviewing items in the shopping cart. To subscribe, simply select the Auto-Delivery option for your desired product, select your preferred shipment frequency and then check out as normal.
What will happen after I join the Auto Delivery program?
After you join the Auto-Delivery program, you will receive an email confirming your subscription. This email will include a link to access the "My Subscriptions" section in your account where you can manage your future orders, Auto Delivery items, and Auto-Delivery account information.
We will place your Auto-Delivery orders automatically according to your selected frequency, and you will only be billed on the day the order is shipped. We will send you an email reminder 10 days before each Auto Delivery order. You will also receive email notifications regarding other important information related to your Auto-Delivery account, such as if your item is discontinued or out of stock, if you cancel your subscription, and confirmation when an order is placed successfully.
How do I make changes to my Auto Delivery order?
Once you"ve joined, Auto-Delivery is easy to manage. You can change your next order date, skip an order, change your selected frequency, or cancel a subscription by visiting the "My Subscriptions" section in your account. Please allow up to 24 hours for modifications or cancellations to be processed.
Change an order date:
To change your next order date, please visit the "My Next Order" tab within "My Subscriptions" and click the "Change Date" button to the right of the next order date then select a new date for your order. This will change the order date for the entire order.
If an Auto-Delivery order contains multiple items and you would only like to change the order date of a single item, please visit the "My Subscriptions" tab and identify the individual item you would like to modify. Please click the "Edit" link to the right of the subscription details and click the "Change Order Date" button.
Skip a delivery:
To skip a subscription order, visit the "My Next Order" tab within "My Subscriptions" and click the "Skip Delivery" button to the right of the upcoming order date dropdown to skip the entire order.
Change shipment frequency:
To modify the delivery frequency for a subscription item, please visit the "My Subscriptions: tab within "My Subscriptions. On this tab, the current delivery frequency is displayed next to each subscription item in a drop-down menu. To change the delivery frequency for an individual subscription item, simply click the frequency drop-down next to the subscription item you would like to modify and select your next desired frequency from the drop-down menu.
To cancel a subscription item, please visit the "My Subscriptions" tab and simply click the "Edit" link to the right of the subscription details and click the "Pause Auto Delivery" button. You"ll be prompted to confirm this action and indicate your reason for canceling. Once you"ve selected a cancel reason and clicked the "Pause Auto Delivery" button, your subscription will be canceled and no future orders will be placed. You will receive an email notification confirming this action.
Please allow up to 24 hours for any modifications or cancellations to be processed.
How do I make changes to my Auto Delivery account information?
To review or modify your Auto Delivery account information, visit "My Subscriptions" located within your account. You can change your shipping address for an individual order or at the subscription item level, which is the default option and will affect all future orders.
To change your shipping address for an order, please visit the "My Next Order" tab and click the "Edit" link located directly to the right of the current shipping information. Select a previous shipping address from the drop-down menu or create a new one to add to your account. This address will apply to all subscriptions and future orders unless otherwise noted. To change your shipping address for a subscription, please visit the "My Subscriptions" tab, click the "Edit" link to the right of the subscription details and then click the "Change Address" button.
Please remember to press OK and verify that your updated information saved successfully. We kindly ask that you allow up to 24 hours for modifications or cancellations to be processed.
What is the difference between the "My Next Order" and "My Subscriptions" tabs?
The "My Next Order" tab shows the details for your next scheduled order. An order may contain more than one individual item scheduled for [Auto Delivery] if the items have the same order date, shipping address, billing address, and payment information.
The "My Subscriptions" tab displays individual subscription items and all associated details for each individual subscription including next order date, quantity, delivery frequency and shipping address.
How do I view my future deliveries?
You can view your future orders in the "My Next Order" tab in the "My Subscriptions" section of your account. Your very next scheduled order will be displayed. To see additional deliveries, click on the down arrow next to the next scheduled order date below "View Upcoming Orders".a
How do I combine items to be in the same order?
Auto Delivery items that have the same order date, shipping address, billing address and payment method will ship as one order.
If you have more than one Auto Delivery item and want the items to ship in the same order, simply visit the "My Subscriptions" tab in the "My Subscriptions" section of your account and change the next order dates to be the same. Also, confirm the orders are going to the same shipping address and have the same billing address and payment method.
Can I add items to my next order with an existing subscription?
Yes! To do so, you must be logged into your account. Visit the item"s page you wish to add to your order, and find the "Add To Next Auto Delivery" button. When you click this button, you will have the option to add the item as one time only or as a subscription. You can also find these instructions in the "My Next Order" tab in the "Auto Delivery" section of your account.
What types of payment are accepted for Auto Delivery?
All Auto Delivery subscriptions require a credit or debit card payment. Alternative payment forms, such as PayPal, cannot be accepted.